National Careers Week 2021 | Online Resources
National Careers Week takes place between 1st and 6th March 2021 and provides information, advice, guidance, across the UK. The aim is to provide a focus for careers guidance activity at an important stage in the academic calendar to help support young people leaving education.
Job Box have put together a range of information and supportive resources which you may like to access over the week including live events and workshops plus information from local businesses.
- Job Box will be covering a range of different topics throughout the week aimed at careers e.g. Join them every day (Monday 1st – Friday 5th) LIVE on Facebook where they will have guest speakers talking about career opportunities.
– Monday – Further education
– Tuesday – Public services
– Wednesday – Employment, work experience and volunteering
– Thursday – Kickstart scheme (Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin council)
– Friday – University and access course
- Life ready Work ready – Let’s talk careers. Thursday 4th March 2021 at 15:00 – further details can be viewed at the following link https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/life-ready-work-ready-lets-talk-careers-tickets-142231284601. Please note spaces are limited and will be allocated at a first come basis.
- Job Box want to provide as much information as possible so they have teamed up with lots of local businesses, organisations and colleges. You will be able to look at some of their videos and online resources to see what opportunities are available locally.
Whilst some of these events are taking place during the school day recordings should be available to access later.
NCW also have a number of useful resources on their webpage and are holding a Virtual Careers Fair over the course of the week 1st – 6th March. More details can be found here and also in the Trust Careers Bulletin.
Posted by marchesadmin on 25th February 2021, under Uncategorised
Previous Post: Wellbeing | BEAM Virtual Workshops
Next Post: Woodlands School is working with the Marches Academy Trust to become an academy on 1st April 2021.