In the most recent inspection report, inspectors noted the following:
- The school’s Sixth Form study programmes are good because learners continue to make good progress and enjoy their education. The Sixth Form is well led and the quality of teaching is good. The sustained excellent attainment in the applied general GCE was acknowledged by an award letter from the Department for Education.
- Students with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities are supported by experienced and knowledgeable staff.
- Leaders have well-thought-through strategies to support disadvantaged students.
- Students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is well catered for.
- Students are confident and polite.
- Students are taught how to keep safe in a range of situations.
- Key Stage 3 and 4 students are making progress which is in line with what be reasonably expected.
- There is a trend of diminishing differences between disadvantaged and other students.
- The tracking of the impact of interventions is effective.
Following the most recent inspection report, the school is focused on:
- Improving the quality of education and having a clear focus on high expectations of students and staff.
- Implementing necessary changes to develop quality teaching and learning.
The report is testament to the hard work and dedication of the governors, staff, students and parents. We are a forward-thinking learning community that has always looked for inventive ways to make a difference and this was clearly recognised by Inspectors in their report. We pride ourselves on delivering an education that radiates well beyond the classroom, ensuring that each and every student has the opportunity to achieve their full potential and to enjoy as many educationally enriching experiences as possible.
To read it on the Ofsted website, please follow this link.
Click here to leave your feedback for Ofsted.